Friday, June 25, 2010

oh, me

Swimming was really fun yesterday, and I think we will go again this weekend and probably take some video of Claire. I got a floatie seat for her at the Nakumatt, as she was trying very hard to swim by herself yesterday, totally unaware of the danger she faced. I just got a text from Casey that he is on his way home; evidently there was a freak storm that knocked trees down and transport was running late. I'm looking forward to this weekend!

Ok, so today, Lynne and I went to Mega City for some groceries. We decided to just grab a tuk tuk instead of calling our usual drivers (Owino and Washington). (Small back story: yesterday, our usual driver, Owino, was far away but said he was coming. We decided to take other transport, though I felt bad about it, we didn't want to wait an hour.) Well, when we arrived, both drivers were there as well. One of the guys waved and came over to shake hands. I started saying "sorry about yesterday, we were waiting so long..." when over walked Owino to shake hands. Awk. Ward. I mistook Washington for Owino, and I felt like a total ass, not to mention that we had "cheated" on our usual drivers with a new one. I think Claire is sucking out my brain cells with the milk today! I think Casey would have been mortified at my faux pas if he was there. Oh, me. Anyway, I don't think it was really a big deal, but it was surely awkward, and Lynne and I laughed about it for a good several minutes.

Not much more to report, except that Lynne, Claire and I had a dance party in our room, which was very fun. I find it hard to get exercise these days, but dancing around is always good for that. Also, I looked into joining the gym, and it may be reasonable for Casey and I to do so and even have personal trainers to work us out. Having Lynne available actually makes going to the gym and even out on dates (!!) real possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment