Monday, June 21, 2010

oh, malaria...

The last 24 hours have been much easier for me than for Casey, and I'm hoping that the malarone will kick in and drive the malaria out very quickly so he will feel better. Claire finally went down for a nap after much dinking around, and I have had a little time to myself, which is very nice. However, as there is much to do and it is difficult to do with Claire getting into everything, I will make this a short post. We made chili last night--it turned out very nice, and we made some cornbread from a recipe out of my head that turned out quite tasty. I'm not used to being the one to direct traffic in the kitchen (usually a Casey role), but as he was feverish and generally feeling craptastic, I happily did what was needed.

Needless to say, Casey's first Father's Day wasn't exactly celebratory, but we will have to make up for it when he is feeling better.

Yesterday, I ventured to the Mega City for some groceries, and I admit to being a little scared. I'm still learning so much about the culture and the area, and who I should trust/not trust. So far, so good, and I even negotiated for my tuk-tuk rides :)

Ok, off to do some wash and fix lunch--let's hope Claire stays asleep just a bit longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment