Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Dear Web People

 hello dear blog readers, friends, family and assorted hangers-on (I don't know why you are reading this if you are indeed a hanger-on, but I will take it as a compliment. Ummmmm, let's see, updates?

 

We had an awesome weekend, Claire got her first scrapped knee at the pool though :( there was a pic up for a bit. She had a ton of fun swimming though and doesn't seem to mind the scrape much. Katie has her new helper who is so awesome with claire we have her a 33% raise after the 2nd day (huzzah for living wages! There is now one person closer to the MDG for those that are counting (you are very welcome Jeff))... Ummm, We have DSL, it's awesome! And my computer is now in the NYC office and fixed, just waiting to be shipped back to me. I've super stoked about it. It was a great computer before all the breaking happened, and so now I have a 6 week old computer back from the shop all ready to go and awesome. 

 

Hmmm, what else. I have been a huge nerd and have very much enjoyed playing Dragon Age after Claire goes to bed. Yes, it's super nerdy, but it's also way fun. I have lots of video games for playing and not enough time to do the playing in. Katie has been super into New Super Mario Bros on the Nintendo DS, She's got to the final castle and unlocked a lot of the game, but I think we are a bit stuck on the last castle. Anyhow, yep, super mario = awesome, and now we have a helper so there is hope on beating the last castle. Ummmm, let's see, what else... I'm super busy at work, we are having a meetup things where all the programmers are coming from all around Africa, I'm really looking forward to that, it should be a lot of fun!

 

Okay, I need to get back to work, but for all of you who are care package oriented (and if you are not, we can make you an orientation powerpoint and manual) you can feel free to send via FedEX or DHL to the following address:

 

Casey Iiams-Hauser and assorted Family

Care of:

Participatory Development Associates

KNUST Junction

On top of Juliponia pharmacy

Kumasi, Ghana

 

Yes, that's right, no addresses in Ghana, my address has an "on top of" on it. Scratch that one off the bucket list... 

 

Okay, going now!

 

Bye!!!

 

P.S. I'll try and post more pics later

Kumasi_and_tli_038

 

No comments:

Post a Comment