Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Back in Bonsaaso

Well, here I am back in Ghana! I've landed safr and sounds and enjoyed my sweet suite in Nairobi for the very short time I got to enjoy it. So, let's see, I've been traveling with Yanis and Nella two collegues who are working on the Tropical Labs Initiative which I am going to be helping to develop a SMS based labs component for. But you can read about that later on Childcount.org later, I guess I need to chat about the other stuff that's been going on. So, I stayed in Kumasi for a couple of nights which was fun, went out to a great Indian place called Moti Mahal, and strangely enough, every single person I've ever met who has traveled in Kumasi have all independently mentioned this place as great and said that they wanted to go there. It's really good. Patty, Beth and I went there during the first round of Ghana visit and then again with Yanis and Nela. Also went to the Max Something hotel for Lebanese which was awesome too. Now I'm back in the field and attending a conference call on internet which is way to spotty to hear everything, and working on drawing out the specs for the software. We are staying in De Pat Palace tonight which has a hell of a reputation among my coworkers and sets a new low bar for customer service. But with the addition of Yanis, it's really funny (those who know him will know what I mean, he has a super dry sense of humor), I'll be posting a pic of his gorgeous bedspread which made me make My Little Ponies and Barbie's Malibu Dream Hotel jokes the whole way to the office. Funny, the place has crap for service and the cook may or may not be working tonight, but the rooms are pretty big and nice (but who knows how clean). So, everything is going well, I took a look at a house today which was super nice, but damn did they want too much cash for it, so I'm thinking of a slightly clever approach :) Anyway, pics to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment