Friday, July 9, 2010

Trainings and site visits and island property

So, I have some cute pics of Claire at the pool that I'll upload as well as some from site visits.

Yesterday I attended an all day training, which was interesting as I plan to do some trainings myself so I thought I'd check one out and see how things went. They went alright, I think the person presenting had people's attention for most of the time, and that at least some of what she said reached the intended audience. For me though, most of the training were about things that I already knew about, so it wasn't especially useful.

Okay, it's been several days since I started this post, and so I think it's about time I should finish.

The other day I had a great meeting with Yanis and Matt Berg, we have figured out the program for the programming and what will happen for the next bit. It's looking like I will be joined by a programmer from New York who will help Moses and Dickson with the coding and the software should be finished by the second at the latest. I realized however that we don't really need the software to move forward. We can move forward just using the paper forms and most of the people won't need any sort of action for 1 month after the form is filled out. this is great, and the next step for me (other than to continue working on my reports) is to meet with the heath facilitators who are in charge of the different health centers. then we can go over the different forms and get feedback on them.

So, let's see, Kaniko has left for the field this morning, but she is coming back for the weekend. Then she will be out of here for good, which is very sad as we have had a lot of fun hanging out with her these past few weeks. However, this means we are going to head upstairs and get to be in the big room with the balcony and such, this is good. But overall the sad wins, so now we are a little sad. Tonight though we will go to our weekly outing for dinner at Simba Club, so that should be fun.

Claire has discovered how to climb stairs, pictures soon. She also has her first birthday coming up and we're going to throw her a party! And all of us went off to the tailor last weekend and got measured for clothes. Katie got her first dress today and Claire has i think 6 in the works in different sizes. Katie took a photo of hers which I'm sure will be up soon and we'll have pics of Claire as soon as her dresses are done.

Other than that, we are really excited about heading off to Lamu and have decided that we are going to start saving for a down payment on a house there, this is very exciting stuff. The houses there are significantly cheaper than the US, it is a beautiful tropical paradise and we can move there when we retire and people will want to come and visit us there(making this the opposite of Arizona). The goal is to put the down the down payment in about 2 years.

check out awesome Lamu Houses here...

http://www.lamuislandproperty.com/

Okay, time for a guacamole break....

No comments:

Post a Comment